Ricardo McFarlane, (left), 26, and Islamic convert Jordan Horner (right), 19, confronted members of the public and berated them for their alleged anti-Islamic behaviour.
A pair of Islamic converts joined a ‘Muslim Patrol’ in east London to impose Sharia Law, threatening to stab people they believed to be anti-islamic and confiscating their alcohol.
Ricardo McFarlane, 26, and a 23-year-old man who cannot be named for legal reasons, joined convert Jordan Horner, 19, of Walthamstow, east London, roaming the streets in the early hours of the morning last December and this January.
The group confronted members of the public whom they suspected were non-Muslims berating them for their alleged anti-Islamic behaviour.
They threatened to ‘kill non believers’ and ‘shank’ – stab – them and uploaded videos to Youtube criticising non-Muslims for being inappropriately dressed.
The campaign against Western culture culminated when Horner assaulted two men in Tower Hamlets when the ‘patrol’ confronted them.
Around 4am on January 6 of this year Horner, McFarlane and the 23-year-old approached a group of five men walking along the street, snatched cans of beer out of their hands before emptying them into the gutter.
Horner demanded: ‘Why are you poisoning your body? It is against Islam. This is Muslim Patrol. Kill the non-believers.’
One then told another to ‘go get the shank’ in reference to a knife but as the group of men started walking away Horner threw punches hitting at least two of the men.
He and a 23-year-old also threatened a man and two doctors Claire Coyle and Robert Gray around the Bethnal Green Road and Great Eastern Street areas of east London on December 19 last year and January 13 this year.
At an earlier hearing at Thames Magistrates Court in July prosecutor Kehinde Adesina said during the January 6 incident Horner and his extremist pals took to the streets to enforce Sharia Law in what they call being on ‘Muslim Patrol’.
The prosecutor said: ‘Prior to the incident there were some videos uploaded to Youtube about people being inappropriately dressed in east London.
‘Between 4am and 5am a group of five male friends were out drinking enjoying a night out. They had cans of beer in their hands.
‘The group were approached by Mr Horner and some other men in Muslim dress. They took the beer can out of one of the men’s hands and poured it out.
‘Then they said the words “why are you poisoning your body? It is against Islam. This is Muslim Patrol. Kill the non believers”.’
‘Then they said the words “why are you poisoning your body? It is against Islam.’This is Muslim Patrol. Kill the non believers”.’
– Prosecutor Kehinde Adesina
She said: ‘The victims describe the main aggressor as being ginger with a ginger beard.
‘And one victim said the white ginger male punched him in the jaw.
‘It was a group attack and a religiously aggravated assault.’
Today at the Old Bailey McFarlane, 26, who overslept and was two hours late, refused to stand up.
At an earlier hearing McFarlane denied ABH on January 6 and the counts were ordered to lie on file.
The 23-year-old man who cannot be named for legal reasons, also refused to stand and denied affray on December 19 of last year and January 13 when he confronted the two doctors.
But he admitted using threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour under section four of the public order acts on both occasions.
He had denied ABH and affray on January 6 and the counts were ordered to lie on file.
At the same hearing Horner, who uses the Islamic name Jamaal Uddin, pleaded not guilty to causing ABH to Sam Cox on January 6 of this year when his jaw was broken.
However he admitted causing ABH to James Forward and Patrick Kavanagh.
He also denied affray on December 19 of last year and January 13 of this year but admitted section four of the public order acts offences.
McFarlane of Camberwell, south east London, was warned he faces a custodial sentence but had his conditional bail renewed.
Judge Rebecca Poulet QC addressing his barrister Susan Meek said: ‘He must understand the court does consider this passes the custody threshold.
‘Whether I or another judge uses that option will be open to them. I want him to understand that.
‘It’s noted he was late today but you were frank and told me he has not been late in the past. I will allow him bail. If there are conditions, one of the conditions is he must not be late.’
He has six previous convictions for criminal damage in March 2012 when he painted over women on advertising hoardings around London’s east end.
The 23-year-old of Finsbury Park, north London, who has convictions for section 4 offences in April of last year, handling stolen goods and dishonesty, was remanded back into custody.
Today prosecutor Alexander Chalk said: ‘The significant change is the Crown is not seeking a trial against the 23-year-old in respect to the allegations involved on January 6.
‘Otherwise everyone has admitted offences reflected on this indictment.’
Horner, the 23-year-old and McFarlane are all due to be sentenced on December 6.
See on www.dailymail.co.uk